What is Rok Metallic - Kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking at replacing my very old kitchen sink, reason being it seems very very scrathched up to my wife, looks just fine to me.

Have been looking around, B&Q barely stock any sinks, most are available to order, same with Homebase, so I had to look on the net.x

Have come across this thing called Rok Metallic, e.g http://www.simplykitchensinks.co.uk/index.asp?SKSID=840&ItemID=2440

These look quite nice actually - but I've not been able to figure out what the heck rok metal is. Is it granite?.. composite, ceramic??... Google has come up with surprisingly little, except lots of vendors.

Can anyone please enlighten me - how are sinks make of Rok Metal, scratching/discolouration tendency...

any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.
Riz

Sponsored Links
Its a composite, stone dust in resin, I suspect the "metalic" has a few flecs in it like you get with some granites.

You may find out a bit more if you look at the manufacturers sit, its made by Astracast

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back