What is the best way to lay a solid wood floor on concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been receiving conflicting advise regarding the best method of laying a solid wood floor which is going to go through 3 of my downstairs rooms with no joins at doorways .
I have a concrete sub floor and am considering using a self adhesive underlay (Elastilon seems to come highly recommended? where can i buy this from?)

Alternatively would it be best to lay ply first and secret screw the boards? If so what thickness would this need to be? Which of these methods would anybody recommend. I assume in both cases i need to use a separate DPM.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Elastilon is a good solution - but if you only go through standard doorways and not things like double doors it is highly recommended to install thresholds/dividers.

Don't screw floorboards, if you want to use plywood secret nail them (but you need to have s subfloor - plywood etc - of at least 45-50mm otherwise the nails will hit the concrete).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back