what is the best way to lay slate chips in my front garden?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to sort out my front garden which i inherited, there is a long strip of earth and weed that leads from the from of my perimeter fence all the way up to my house wall next to my front door (2 feet wide), my neighbour has told me that the water and gas supplies are underneath the soil about 2 feet down.
I have bought plum slate chips to lay down but not sure how to lay up to my house, do i need sheeting? how do i protect my house wall as the previous owner has soil right up to it?

Apologies for long winded post, 1st timer

Thanks

View media item 33120

Sponsored Links
a good weeding, dig out any perennial roots as they will try and struggle through, some fabric from the garden centre (porous) then about 25mm of slate to completely hide the fabric from view & UV degradation.

you would only want to protect your wall if you are within 150mm of the damp proof course (assuming you can find it)

Many thanks for your response. I think ive found the dpc and it would be within those measurements. Do you have any ideas how we would further protect the wall.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back