What is the correct PH for a heating system.

Sponsored Links
What ever yo decide to fill your heating with or add to your heating, you should ensure that the heating contents are between the range of 6-8.5ph

Sponsored Links
The pH of pure water is 7.0. The water in your heating system should be in the range 6.0 to 8.5 as advised above, but should also be within 10% of the pH value of your cold water supply.

An inhibitor like Sentinel X100 contains buffer solutions ( chemical combinations which can to a degree stabilise the pH value ).

As a concentrate they say the pH is 6.5 but don't seem to say what that becomes when diluted in a system.

Whilst I have a pH meter, I do have to say that it is not something that I use very often as any water problem is usually pretty obvious and solved by draining and chemical treatment.

Tony

Some inhibitors aren't suitable, which is why the ph of system water is actually important.
For example there's one recommended frequently in the closed section because it's cheap, it's actually to alkaline got the system.
Then there's the new bread of aluminium heat engines, start to get to 6.5 and your stripping you hear engine from the inside out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back