What is the light above boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I just noticed a light above my boiler! I am sure that I never seen it before! Does anybody know what is this light? Why it is on? And if I should do anything about it? Thanks

Attachments

• 16650750715492066271516475312072.jpg
    16650750715492066271516475312072.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 500
Sponsored Links
Low autumn sun shining directly onto flue?

EDIT:
I should have stated that if there are any 'genuine' issues with a boiler, that create this effect when firing - the boiler needs to be turned off and isolated immediately. DO NOT USE THE BOILER.
A GSR engineer will need to investigate.
Do not remove the cover of your boiler.
If you smell gas at any point, get out of the building and call the gas emergency helpline on 0800 111 999.

....and posting your query in the 'Plumbing and C/H" forum, may be more appropriate than "General Discussion".

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Should I leave it as it is.
How come it is on? Wasn't before.
Is it any hazard, risk, etc.?

The light is there to guide you to a better life, ignore Woody, he spent too much time watching Poltergeist.

I have no idea why it is so luminous though. It looks like a balanced flue. If were an issue, I would like to think that the differential pressure gauge in the boiler would have kicked in and prevented it from working- but I am not a plumber

Maybe Ideal boilers have an internal light to help there engineers, which like a fridge only comes on when you remove the front cover, but,

its been wired back to front so only comes on when the case is on.

You need to turn the boiler off and call a qualified registered engineer immediately. Seriously.
Do not use the boiler any further.
If its under warranty you may wish to call Ideal direct.

You need to turn the boiler off and call a qualified registered engineer immediately. Seriously.
Do not use the boiler any further.
If its under warranty you may wish to call Ideal direct.
Yes, and I would have been really concerned, had it not been for the "00"

Screenshot_20221007-090910_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back