What Is The Most Beautiful Thing In The World ?

religion is probably one of the biggest blights in the world..not beautiful...my invisible friend is called bob....makes me insane.....invisible friend called God..that's fine......FFS....get real

Sponsored Links
Jesus is cool. You're allowed to draw piccys of him or make films like Life of Brian. Same with his dad.

Jesus is cool. You're allowed to draw piccys of him or make films like Life of Brian. Same with his dad.
Who? Oh you mean that mythical character in that book of fiction?
Talk about switching arguments to suit your agenda. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I drew a cartoon of Mowgli (from jungle book) today. Nobody was bothered. :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
The love of God to mankind. That is the only thing that I have despite of the bad things that happen in our society.

I would rather see mankind's love for mankind. Deffo a believer of doing good without doing it in the name of God. Means more.

A lot of bad things that happen in society is in the name of god. I wonder how much more of a peaceful world we would have if there was no religion at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
so you think that a none religouse world ,would make it a peace full world.
i do agree the part of the problem is religion,but to think it is the whole problem is ignorant.
the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
the iraq war was not about religion, it was about oil, and look what it has stired up.

so you think that a none religouse world ,would make it a peace full world.
More peaceful.

i do agree the part of the problem is religion,
There you go.
but to think it is the whole problem is ignorant.
Well, not ignorant, but not the only problem.

the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Ok.
the iraq war was not about religion, it was about oil, and look what it has stired up.
True as well.
However, the Americans think they have a god-given right to do whatever they want. Is that religious?

If people are into a religion and don't use it as a 'justifiable reason' to cause ill, fine. Many find that religion gives them strength, courage and a way through life. So I won't slate anyone for that.

However, for me, religion just doesn't stack (and I was brought up in a religious household / family.) Many reasons why, one of the biggies for me is there are always too many 'outs' for religious leaders and/or followers to take.

- something goes really well e.g. unexpected recovery from an illness ... 'that's the prayers answered, it's a miracle!' etc etc.
- something doesn't go that well e.g. death of someone (not old) in the family ... 'that's god testing you, you must have faith now of all times' etc etc.

I maybe look at this too simplistically, whilst I appreciate you don't 'give to get' etc, surely there should be some positive kickback if you worship a god, no? When I was young we knew a VERY religious family, faithfully went to church, led a good life etc. They had a few kids, dad held down a job to provide for them. Wham ... the mum contracted cancer of the liver (not a drinker or smoker) and died. Now, 'if' the god they worshiped exists, could it not have cut that family some slack and ensured she recovered? Her sons/daughters were left to grow up without their mum and the husband lost his devoted wife.

Oh no, that's right I forgot, ours is not to reason why. This was very likely a test from their god to test the family faith. Silly of me.

See ... an 'out.' Had she recovered on the other hand ...

(And before anyone says it, no I don't expect the gods of the universe, if they do indeed exist, to create a utopia for us on earth. However you think they could collectively save us from the really big horrible stuff.)

And before anyone says it, no I don't expect the gods of the universe, if they do indeed exist, to create a utopia for us on earth.
Why not?

However you think they could collectively save us from the really big horrible stuff.
The logical alternative is that they designed the big horrible stuff on purpose to watch us suffer.

Oh no, that was the devil, against whom gods are powerless.

Whilst a few have come close we haven't actually hit the nail on the head have we ?

What a life you all must lead if you do not know what is the most beautiful thing in the world.

Whilst a few have come close we haven't actually hit the nail on the head have we ?

What a life you all must lead if you do not know what is the most beautiful thing in the world.

I suppose if a dorks asking the question it really doesn't matter does it.

Sponsored Links