What is the name of the plan I have?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what the opposite of a c-plan is called?

My system only has a 2 port motorised valve on the CH side, there is nothing on the HW side. The zone valve has packed in so I am thinking about converting to a S or Y plan.

Sponsored Links
C+? I thought just c plan.

S plan + is more than two zones innit? Why would op go for more than 2, unless they live in a big house....

Sponsored Links
Fookin no plan.
A "C plan" has a valve and stat on cylinder (Gravity) and a roomstat for controlling pump on the heating.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a fully pumped system with a timer, but no thermostat. It is a small house so a s-plan would be sufficient.

Apart from the independent control over the HW and a thermostat, is there any real advantage or economy saving that makes the update to a s-plan worthwhile?

Convert it to an s plan +

C+? I thought just c plan.

S plan + is more than two zones innit? Why would op go for more than 2, unless they live in a big house....

Fookin no plan.
A "C plan" has a valve and stat on cylinder (Gravity) and a roomstat for controlling pump on the heating.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a fully pumped system with a timer, but no thermostat. It is a small house so a s-plan would be sufficient.

Apart from the independent control over the HW and a thermostat, is there any real advantage or economy saving that makes the update to a s-plan worthwhile?

plan comes together.jpg

Fookin no plan.

Honestly honestly :oops: as I typed last night I had a picture in my head of a valve on the flow to a cylinder, that's where they'd use a cyltrol valve years ago?

Cytrol and C plan valves were fitted on the cylinder RETURN before the cold feed!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back