What is the problem with my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I've got Glow worm Flexicom 30 cx boiler for like 2 years now.

The average pressure reading on it is 1.9 and sometimes it reaches 3.2 at night when heating.

Air builds up in the system regularly and I have to bleed the rads from time to time.

I did a power flush to the system 2 months ago.

The air comes in when the boiler stops for moments between central heating and hot water. When the heating is on and someone turns the tap, the boiler stops for a moment and starts sending hot water, during these moments I hear bubbles coming into the toilet rad. But I also find air in the rest of upstairs rads.

So after I bleed the rads, the pressure drops to 1.2. The boiler tries to fire up but it shows F9 error.

What I do is I reset the boiler and when it is resetting and trying to fire up, I fill it until it reaches 1.7 and it works fine from there.

That was yesterday afternoon when It it worked ok and pressure went to 2.3 when heating.

But today's morning I woke up freezing to find the boiler showing F9 error, although the pressure was 1.7 which should fine for it to start heating.

Q1: Why air bubbles coming into the system when boiler sends hot water while heating? and sometimes even when heating off.

Q2: The boiler's instructions sticker says that pressure should be at 1.0 to start working, but mine doesn't until it reaches something like 1.7, does this mean the reading is not correct? is it dangerous to have the pressure reach 3 and above?

Q3: What is going on with this boiler and how to tackle this in the future?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You seem to have several problems!

Pinholing your rads is likely to be next.

I recommend you get a pro to diagnose the problems and recomend a solution.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back