What is this called and where can I get one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My bathroom has halogen lighting built into the ceiling. One of the fixtures keeps failing, and when I pulled it out to see what was what, I noticed the wiring had gone brittle and was exposed near the light socket, and the little box where the wiring connected seemed damaged as well (sorry if I'm getting the terminology wrong).

So I assume I need a new socket/junction box, but I don't know what it's called, so I don't know what to look for. Can anyone tell me what it's called and where I can get one? See pic below of what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if a similar topic has already covered this, but I didn't know what to search for.

Sponsored Links
Take it into any decent electrical shop and they should have one on stock. Can't see from the angle, but it looks like a standard GU10 fitting.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your help! It turns out it's a GU5.3, and the other term I needed to learn was "terminal block". Many thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back