What is this called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm looking for something which I've seen but don't know what they are called.

They are small, rectangular and have a slot in them for a screw. You would use these to attach a large mirror or picture to a wall so the fixings would be hidden. This thing attaches to the back of the mirror/picture and would then slide down the wall until it rests on the screw.

It's driving me mad.

Sponsored Links
Something like this? Search for security or hidden fixings for pictures

security-fixings.jpg

http://www.picturehanging.com/general-hanging.shtml

Sponsored Links
http://www.doorhandlesdirect.co.uk/20/section.aspx/5536/concealed_mirror_and_picture_mount_zp

Lots of options, depend if you want to mount a bare mirror or one already mounted on a board.

This is the most similar to what I'm thinking of. Exept the gap where the screw head sits is a slot.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
What you've drawn doesn't look like anything you would use to hang a mirror or picture. Where are the fixing holes? :?: :?: :?: It looks like a spacer (aka packing piece or shim). If you've ever tried to fix a cupboard or other rigid structure to an uneven wall, you'll know that you invariably have to pack out at least one screw - and if you want the thing square and upright you'll most likely have to pack out three! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You can use pieces of thin wood and/or cardboard for this but, if you're really lazy, you can buy them ready to use in a selection of thicknesses.

What you've drawn doesn't look like anything you would use to hang a mirror or picture. Where are the fixing holes? :?: :?: :?: It looks like a spacer (aka packing piece or shim). If you've ever tried to fix a cupboard or other rigid structure to an uneven wall, you'll know that you invariably have to pack out at least one screw - and if you want the thing square and upright you'll most likely have to pack out three! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You can use pieces of thin wood and/or cardboard for this but, if you're really lazy, you can buy them ready to use in a selection of thicknesses.

I apologise for the poor picture but these do exist.

I think he refers to fixing plate found glued to the back of Ikea mirror, not available to purchase anywhere as they are factory fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back