What is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 bedrooms that back on to one another and meet over the stairs. One has an in built cupboard, the other an en suite which are in thre same space next to each other, 1 for each room.

Anyway, there seems to be a liner, fabric made of almost a hair material. Does anyone know what it is, second picture hanging down? Also, is the board sort of sandwiched together, plasterboard and not asbestos (first pic)? Just wanted to see what they were before poking too many holes to see what meets where

Thank you!

0BA0F81C-5068-4A7C-8830-57C72D2E0230.jpeg

498E97DE-FCFF-4119-8D13-7FA06A82ADEC.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It's just plasterboard I can see. You can get a bit of string in older plasterboard. It was part of the manufacturing although I don't know why.
Some dust and cobwebs

Bottom picture I can't see anything of concern. Some paper that was part of that old felt roll to stop it sticking together plus the bitumen felt as I call it...Hard to say without grabbing a bit

Could be tar paper. Can't say I know the correct name but I've seen it many times

Sponsored Links
Looks like it to me. You used to see it a lot on allotment sheds as weatherproofing as it was light and cheap (important if your transport methods are a bicycle or the bus!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back