What lifting machine could i use ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my extension i will be having 4 oak purlins in the flat roof. I can use genie lifts, but i think an easier solution is to use a telehandler.

However, i don't think i can get one in place round the back of the house as it will be a little too long. I have a 2.8m wide drive down the side of the house, but the gap it can turn into is 3m width and is a 90 degree turn to the right. This gap has the new extension on one side and the current garage on the other side.

Does anyone know of a similar machine which might do the job of a telehandler, but will fit into a tighter space ?

It needs to lift a 300kg 6.5m length of oak 3m in the air and 4.5m extended. This is the furthest beam from the new back wall. The extension then reduces to 3m, 1.5m and 0m for the last 3 beams.

Sponsored Links
What machine is delivering them? Maybe you could upgrade that to something that can deliver them onto your roof.

Sponsored Links
I think the spider crane will do this. Access is the issue and so a small crane will get round the back. I think the spider crane comes on a flat bed vehicle. I am speaking to some suppliers tomorrow about prices.

A big crane from the front of the house will lift these beams over the top of the house, but they are £500 plus vat per 1/2 day according to one guy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back