using a lift genie or similar

W

walkern

Hello,
I've got a 5m lintel, about 270kg,to lift onto a single story. On looking it seems a lift genie might be the best thing. A couple of questions, sorry if they sound stupid...

1. Would one be ok, or would two be needed for this width. I know the swl is ok, just didn't know about the width

2. Is the genie really for lifting and small movements or could I use it to transport the steel from front to back of my house

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you'd get away with just one as long as you're careful.

You won't be able to move it once it's been set up properly.

Thanks, one it is . I meant lift it an inch off the ground then push the genie, it's all flat. Thought it might save using rollers...

Sponsored Links
If you have bunch of mates. It'll be easier than a materials lift.

My local hire shop charges about the same for a genie lift per week as they do for a 2.5ton Kubota for a weekend. One of these is certainly more useful than the other over a 2 day period

My local hire shop charges about the same for a genie lift per week as they do for a 2.5ton Kubota for a weekend. One of these is certainly more useful than the other over a 2 day period

I don't follow...

You hire a mini digger and lift he beam into place with it. Then you use the mini digger for all the other useful things you could have it do, like digging a big hole in the garden into which you throw all your building waste, digging out for a driveway, digging drains, levelling out, etc. Maybe a neighbour has use for it and goes halves on the hire charge..

You hire a mini digger and lift he beam into place with it.
Oh so it's you that's been using the diggers as cranes so now every time I hire one they have to say don't use it as a crane :D

I know me. I'd never manage all the joints and it'd fall off in the lift and topple the digger, killing me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back