What liners for this plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am struggling to identify the make of this plastic so I know what liners to use. I'm going to compression so I don't think it's too vital as long as tight. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20230504181744.jpg
    IMG20230504181744.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Thanks it's a pop up waste tap. Would I be able to swap this and keep the waste intact or have to swap it all

Attachments

• IMG20230504181647.jpg
    IMG20230504181647.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 56
It all looks a bit knackered. I'd replace it all to minimise the chances of any issues in the future.

Sponsored Links
The pipe looks to me as though it’s Hep2o barrier pipe, they used the Red markings to denote that it’s barrier pipe (standard or solid wall pipe has black marking) they also used the H and V depth insertion marks on the pipe.
I would definitely use a stainless steel (Hep2o) insert with a compression fitting, you should use a copper olive rather than brass and don’t be tempted to use any form of jointing compound as it can attack the PB.

It all looks a bit knackered. I'd replace it all to minimise the chances of any issues in the future.
Could I leave the waste in and just swap it from the ball bit that screws on to the waste. Or unlikely to seal?

If you have the access that you seem to have going by the pic, it wouldn't be difficult to I'd replace it for a click clack or captive waste. The pop up mechanism seems to have been repaired (bodged) at some point and better to change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back