What material for shed roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old shed, and someone in the past has covered the roof in a black polythene material. It seems to be fairly thick and durable, and seems to have adhesive on one side, in which case I assume it just sticks down easily. Does anyone know what this material is?

Sponsored Links
I have an old shed, and someone in the past has covered the roof in a black polythene material. It seems to be fairly thick and durable, and seems to have adhesive on one side, in which case I assume it just sticks down easily. Does anyone know what this material is?

Hi there, Foxhole is probably right about this, it sounds like an EPDM of some sort. These are rubber roof membranes suitable for flat roofs. If you want a little bit more information about this, try reading through this blog post which explains what EPDM is.

Hope that helps you out. Were you thinking about changing the roof or doing a repair? You're right to double check the material as that will impact how you remove it or which materials you use to repair the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back