? what neighbours do our drains run to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could you let us know how we can find out what neighbours our drains are connected to. One of our neighbours has tree root damage and their repairers want access to our rear garden. We are not sure that our drains are connected to this particular property. :?:

Sponsored Links
Try looking at your deeds, or contacting the local water authority. Not all drains are recorded only the main drains. I think it used to be up to the builder to keep records of the minor runs.

put some dye down the drain at the house end and see where it turns up.
what age is ur house...shared drains in houses pre 193? are under section 24 and are responsibility of the water board

Lassie said:
Please could you let us know how we can find out what neighbours our drains are connected to. One of our neighbours has tree root damage and their repairers want access to our rear garden. We are not sure that our drains are connected to this particular property. :?:

Why not ask the man why he wants access to your rear garden, seems a reasonable request unless he plans on digging it up.

Perhaps he's just trying to trace where they run :idea:

Sponsored Links
heres a story, i had "drains are up" situation...so did my neighbour......so i rodded mine, a good 40ft. nothing. then does neighbours, another 40 ft. nothing,
kkkn strange. anyway ...call dyna mite . bloke pitches up, i give him the story, he gets scaffold pole from van, and starts banging it into the earth, bingo. a metal to metal sound, and underneath a couple of inches of soil was another drain cover, lifts it up. blocked with all plant roots.........mmmmmm i looked a few feet away, and saw this luxuriant bush. mmmm.
err thats it, just an interlude to the thread..
and kev, heres something for you
i did think about using it on oilman :LOL: but whats the point :LOL: (and i mean that in a respectful way...its just our humours collide)
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back