Drain layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for some advice, just started digging the foundations for a new extension and come across some drainage issues.

I though that we had a direct access to the main sewer however it appears as though our pipe goes into neighbours garden before connecting into a man hole on their property.

Just wondering how i can connect my new drains which will be in the top right of the drawing attached, my intial plan was to route round the side of the new extension before connecting up with the main drain at the front of the house

Sponsored Links
Either route the drain round the building if space allows or run it under the new build, taking appropriate measures to protect the pipework.

Bear in mind Building Control may not allow a connection to the sewer for rainwater (assuming you already have a combined drainage system), soakway or surface water drains have to be considered, with connection to foul sewer as a last resort.

Building inspector came out and has advised the below. Only issue is that the soil pipe into the inspection chamber will be quite steap.

We got lucky as rainwater and waste can be put into the sewer drain, and there is a exsisting pipe going to a garage in the back garden that we are able to break into.

Sponsored Links
Why will the soil pipe into the chamber be steep? Site the rest bend at the foot of the stack at the correct invert to achieve sensible fall on the run to the chamber.

With that layout you are looking at a 90 deg turn using the chamber, if the fall is too steep you run the risk of the discharge entering the chamber at highspeed and fouling the benching on the opposite side. This could build up leading to future issues with blockages. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back