Sewage pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Planning to add a new toilet but unfourtunatly the sewer is at the other end of the house which means running a new pipe along the back garden.

The snag is if it is one is we need to break into the soil pipe on my neighbours property because of the way the pipe falls on my side which he has given me permission to do.

I would like to put in a Y joint on my neighbours side and run and connect to my propertry just the other side of the fence to a new drain for access.

The run from the joint to my new drain is about 2M. So I could rod from the new drain and the existing drain if there was ever a blockage.

My question is can this be done without notifying anyone in authority. The sewage pipes are private on both sides and my sewer is exclusive to my property with no other property draining into it.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you'll need Building Regs approval for adding new drains.

Thanks for your reply what would happen if you put a new drain in connected to a existing pipe and didnt tell them??

I know about it - and I live in Sussex :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
What is the problem with getting it approved? Put a 4" drain in, get it signed off and job's a good un. Done properly it's unlikely to ever give you a problem. Other bonus is it'll then make the drain past the connection shared and therefore the Water Authority's responsibility.

Fit a Saniflo and I suspect you'll regret it...... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back