Underground Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i am fitting a new sink to an extension on the house. all internal pipework has been done. the problem i am having is on the outside.

because we have a manhole/drain near to where the sink is to be fitted i was advised to take the waste pipe from inside the extension to the outside and fit a new drain outside for the waste water to collect then take a 4" pipe to the main manhole/drain.

the problem i am having is that after digging the trench to a depth of about 1m i am still about another metre away from the bottom of the main drain, thats where the additional connectors for the 4" pipe are. one plumber told me that it might be possible to just drill into the side of this main drain and connect the 4" pipe into the side of it

however he did say that because the water would then have to drop 1m to make its way out into the main sewer the water and waste might end up hitting the sides of the main drain and the splashes from the water hitting the bottom of the drain may cause problems with blockages.

without digging down another metre i was thinking is it possible to drill into the main drain and then on the inside connect a 90 degree elbow some more 4" pipe then another 90 degree elbow to help the waste water take the correct route to the sewer instead of having it splash about. any ideas would be welcome, many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back