What Powershower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We currently have manual mixer shower which has a tank fed cold and hot via the combi boiler. So there are a couple of issues with this

1. The pressure isn't great
2. in the winter as the ambient temp of the water in the cold tank drops so much that the combi can't deliver enough hot to make the shower warm. (we then reduce the cold feed but then the shower is a dribble.

What i am looking to do is fit a new bathroom with some structural changes in a couple of years - that is long term

For now what i would like is to fit a cold mains fed powershower in replacement of a the current single tap mixer - the shower pipes are fed from a cupboard behind and thus the shower head is a pipe that comes out of the wall above.

So i am thinking a remote control that would fit where the current mixer is positioned and a pump until that can be installed in the cupboard to then feed the shower head...

We might then want to reuse the pump in the new bathroom but not urgent - warm showers this winter are the prority

Thanks for any advice
Nik

Sponsored Links
tank fed cold and hot via the combi

That doesn't work because the pressures of the hot and cold are different - unless you pump the cold into the combi??

ANd you can't pump water from a combi.

well we have a cold tank in the loft (above the bathroom) and a pipe that drops from that and splits and is directly connected to the back of the mixer in the cupboard... we have no hot tank and thus hot water comes direct from the combi

it works as a shower - i.e. it rains water from above - but not what i would like from a shower - good pressure and a constant temp ;)

We were renting it and have purchased it and now want to fix this as our first project before christmas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back