What render would you advise for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 1970s house with all the external walls covered in dry dash render.

I'm looking to replace it with something a bit better looking, either with the stones in the mix (smaller stones too) or a smoothish/slightly textured render. It'd be good if the colour was part of the mix so it doesn't need painted.

Initially I was recommended K-Rend although after a google search it seems to get bad reviews. It also appears to be very difficult to get it looking 'right' on a long wall in sunlight.

Someone else recommended enewall/powerwall but apparently it can be a pig to apply.

For the type of look I'm after what would you recommend? Everyone in Aberdeen seems to recommend different products

:(

Sponsored Links
Id recommend Snowcrete has a beautiful white finish and you can use stones with it.

Also with any rendering leave a band of about a few inches from the bottom. It prevents damp ingress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back