What roofing material is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, unless I've messed it up there should be a photo attached of a house with some kind of sheet roofing over the porch and downstairs bay. Id like to know what it is. I assume its a fairly modern material?

Attachments

• roof sheet2.pdf
    332.8 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
Hello, unless I've messed it up there should be a photo attached of a house with some kind of sheet roofing over the porch and downstairs bay. Id like to know what it is. I assume its a fairly modern material?
I'd suggest searching US or Canadian sites.

Looks like polycarb from a distance.

Looks like zinc to me - comes in various colours and is joined by machine using "standing seams". A guy called hardmetalking ( hard metal king) used to post here and knew all about it. And did loads of it.

In recent years there's been quite a bit of it installed on modern commercial structures (office blocks and the like). Looks good, ages nicely. Requires a plywood and membrane base beneath it on the stuff I've done

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hello everyone. Thanks for your posts. So is there a chance I can get hold of it or similar. Any point trying jewsons etc. And what about deadening the sound of rain? I need to lay it as a small roof not a wall.

In my experience zinc roofing is normally bent and formed on site. It isn't really a DIY off the shelf sort of product.

Yes. If it will have to be bossed or whatever the word is or difficult to source or take ages to learn about. Maybe I can find someone to do it or maybe best use slate at 20 degrees.

Last edited:
There is a product I have seen in Burtons ..Standing seam sheets preformed .. I never looked into it ..but they had them..

There is a product I have seen in Burtons ..Standing seam sheets preformed .. I never looked into it ..but they had them..
Think ive just seen it online (Comax Klick) They say theres an alternative for smaller jobs, so maybe theres hope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back