What SDS Drill with Chisel function to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am currently in the process of buying my first home.

I plan to do quite a lot of decorating myself, so I am looking at buying a SDS Drill with Chisel function.

I will mainly use the chisel function to remove tiles from the kitchen and bathroom walls. I will also be installing a computer network in all rooms of the house so will need to chase out walls and back boxes for this.

Can any one recommend a good drill for this? ideally my budget would be £80 to £150.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Bosch blue they dont cost that much more than most diy rated tools and will last a lifetime £150 should get a decent drill with chisel function

Sponsored Links
You can't go wrong with the one Deluks posted.

I bought a macallister SDS for £60.
I've used the hammer action for knocking down a wall, chasing in for most of a house as well as general drilling into solid bricks.
Not let me down yet.

You can usually get them to get one in from another store.

Third vote for the Bosch. :cool:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gbh-2400-2kg-sds-plus-hammer-drill-240v/51132#[/QUOTE]

If you can get it shipped into you from another store (if you are still looking) its well worth it. I bought one approx one month ago and so far it's:

- Stitch drilled and chiselled the wall down between my bathroom and toilet - twice as i decided to widen the opening further. Approx 400 holes and chisel joined.

- Ive trialled it on the tiles i want to remove and looks to make it much easier.

Well worth the outlay !

Emilian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back