What shower mixer is this? No markings anywhere...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I wonder whether you could help me... My shower mixer appears to be broken. It is letting in much too much cold, even when the mixer is turned all the way up to hottest setting. I expect it needs a new cartridge, but I can't identify the shower. Are you able to tell what make and model it is from the attached pictures?

I should say that when we moved in, there was no handle on the shower, but just the thread, so I found a new handle and attached it. The handle in the image might therefore be completely different.

The pipe centres are 130mm apart.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm getting fed up with cold showers...

James

Sponsored Links
I'm fairly certain you can rule out Pegler, Bristan and Deva as the manufacturer. Sorry I can't help more.

Having said that, I'm only talking about the past few years models.
How old is the shower?

I looks like either Bensham (bathstore/Crosswater) or the Knightsbridge valve (older version) I know that the Knightsbridge will replace it as that has 130mm centers, but first try taking out the thermostat leaving over night in 50/50 vinegar water the re-grease using silicone grease, and then see if it will work again.

Thank you! It sounds like it is a pre-2008 Bensham Edwardian exposed shower valve. Can you give me some clues on how to dismantle it? I've removed the cross-handle, but I can't get any further than that.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay, It should be fairly logical, but make it easy for yourself phone Crosswater you can get thier number from the website as they supply all Bathstore brassware, get a replacement cartridge and job is sorted.
they will also tell you how to remove the cartridge.http://www.crosswater.co.uk
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back