What size boiler do i need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,
Some advice required please

I have a SIME SUPER90 combi boiler which has done me proud across the 14 years, but would like an expert opinion in what should my replacement be for performance, realibility. capability and price.

I think the btu of the sime super90 is 70,000 which is more than enough for this size of house so i have been told by the local plumbing outlet but if you think different then please say so

House spec:-
5 bedrooms (3 beds are 16ftx16ft, the 4th is 18ft by 14 ft and the 5th is 10ftx9ft) ceiling height approx 9-10 ft--All have large double rads
1 master bathroom with bath/basin and walk in shower--10ftx9ft (large double rad)
1 ensuite with shower/handbasin 9ftx8ft (small double rad)
lounge is approx 26 ft in length, 16ft width 9ft high (has 2 large double rads)
Kitchen is 18ftx13ft (2 large double rads)
Hallway is 16ftx5ft and has a large double rad
Top of the stairs is 12ftx7ft with a small double rad

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Dont worry so much about the heating. All combis should cope with you size house. When choosing a Combi you need to be look at hot performance and this is expressed in litres per minute.

The more the better obviously although you would need to really step it up if you want to use mutiple taps.

You mains water needs measuring and gas supply needs calculating. Bigger boiler means more gas and bigger supply may be needed.

Get a few quotes...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back