what size combi for 2 bed terrace???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,I'm about to get a new boiler fitted in the next few weeks,,,i have a small 2 bed terrace house with six average size single rads,,,a towel rail and a shower,,,how big of a boiler do I need???,,,the rads are piped in 8mm copper,,,is it worth getting a mag filter???,,,would the warranty still stand with it being piped onto an old system???,,,baxi duo tec or baxi main???

Sponsored Links
Why don't you ask the installer who can discuss your needs and view the property.

Are you having a combi or cylinder system?

Usually 24 kW or 36 kW for a combi as they are rated on hot water output.

For a cylinder, the heat loss of the property, maybe 8 or 10 kW in your case plus 2 kW for water heating. So probably a 12 kW boiler.

You need to calculate the heat loss of your property or ask the installer for help.

Tony

hello,,,I'm about to get a new boiler fitted in the next few weeks,,,i have a small 2 bed terrace house with six average size single rads,,,a towel rail and a shower,,,how big of a boiler do I need???

For your heating requirement, probably about 5kW. For your hot water requirement, it depends partly on what your incoming flow rate is

the rads are piped in 8mm copper,,,is it worth getting a mag filter???

Yes, always, as well as a thorough flush of your system with cleaning chemicals

,,,would the warranty still stand with it being piped onto an old system???
Provided the system has been cleaned and inhibited properly it would, yes

baxi duo tec or baxi main???

Am I allowed to say neither?

Do check before you buy any boiler that the maker will warranty it on an 8 mm system.

A poster here said that Worcester do not accept microbore!

Sponsored Links
gas lad says 28kw will give better shower power,,,rather than a 24kw,,,theres not that much difference in price to be honest,,,about 130 to 150 from what ive been looking at......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back