what combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some guidance on what type of combi boiler to get installed.
We are in a two bed end terrace of average size.
We will be running two rads in the two main rooms downstairs + hot water to kichen and 2nd toilet/sink.(Kitchen having underfloor at later date)
Four rads upstairs(two beds,hall and bathroom) + hot water to bath and sink(shower is electric)
Help on output required and best makes please.
We are lpg(Calor)

Thanks Ringers

Sponsored Links
Personally I would be looking at a 28 kw one for a bit more flow on the hot water.

Don't know much about LPG though :oops:

Your installer just has to buy an lpg kit for the boiler he fits. Iw ould say 28kw was perfectly adequate for hot water and I would range rate (reduce the output) the boiler for the heating heating (in the interests of energy efficiency).

I really wouldn't bother with a 24kw combi for the difference in price.

LPG is expensive, can you not fit an oil tank somwhere?

Sponsored Links
check out the price of oil paul not a lot between oil and lpg

Oh really? Its' just that only recently a customer of mine asked to be converted to oil from lpg on the basis of fuel costs. I referred them to a guy who does oil, I don't. I do have my lpg, but don't get any call for installations, just service and repair work.

I must get around to targeting the caravan sites, seem to not get through the natural gas work anyway so never really promoted the lpg side. Only got qualified in it because kept geting repair calls in the villages.

Thanks for replies.
Already have taken in and filled. so changing not an option.
Feel a bit let down by calor. provided excellent pre sale service and fitting.
However never mentioned the difficulties in getting LPG qualified installers.
Found one now, hope he's ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back