megaflow or combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have an above average size 3 bed semi and are doing some improvements. we will replace our existing boiler and i am wondering do we go with a mega flow type system attached to a system boiler or a combi boiler? we will have 2 bathrooms and a downstairs toilet and we are concerned that one combi will dissapoint us in the supply of water? the energy efficiency of a combi is however very appealing and the likely lower cost of installation

Sponsored Links
If you go for a combi you need to go for a storage combi such as the Vaillant ecotec plus 937.

If yo go for megaflo you will need at least 3 bar incoming mains pressure and a 22mm cold mains supply to the megaflo. Cold pipe work to bathrooms will have to be altered so that they are all balanced supply's.

but does anyone have an opinion... which is better? any one experienced using both? In theory i think they will be little difference, both rely on mains pressure so if you are using a cold tap elsewhere then both would be impacted by pressure i guess. would it not just be a case of one stores the water at pressure and the other produces it on demand?

Sponsored Links
The megaflo will be supplied with a pressure reducing/balancing valve that will/should stop the problems with another tap being used.

There is nothing to stop you fitting one of these to your mains cold supply if you go the storage combi route either.

The Vaillant ecotec plus 937 does not need a G3 registered installer whereas the megaflo will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back