Combi Boiler Minefield!

OK...will ask 'the man'...

On the understanding that I might do something different due to finances or pressure from the 'boss'...what would your solution be?

Sponsored Links
I would consider keeping the combi doing the heating and kitchen hot water, and adding a Rinnai water heater for the bathrooms.

But without knowing the mains pressure and flow it's not possible to advise accurately.

Thanks for that. Last question...would that solution need more pipe work or simply utilising the existing pipework that currently goes into and out of the combi?

Would need to upsize the gas for certain, and then split the bathroom supply, how much or what is involved we can't say without looking at the job.

Sponsored Links
Many, many thanks for all the advice and replies.

Excellent service.

Will report back on what happens and how well things work.

Cheers.

Unless you upgrade your apparently inadequate water supply then that will do nothing at all to cure your problem.

But if you cannot measure the mains flow rate then we cannot advise you further as your options all hinge on that.

Tony

Checked the mains flow rate and the flow rate coming through the water softener:

20 lt pm through mains ( Kitchen Sink Tap )

16 lt pm through water softener (Bath Tap and Shower Hose minus Head )

Thats a good flow rate!

Next test for you is to set the hot bath tap to 9 li/min and see how long you can keep you hand under the hot tap once its warmed up for a few minutes.

Tony

..and that's where the problems start with the current knackered boiler...currently the flow rate is about 5lt pm! And I'll get my son to keep his hand under.. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back