What combi flow rate for a decent shower?

All current Vaillants need to be range rated, whatever controls they are fitted with.

With the Vaillant weather comp you leave the ch boiler stat on full and let the WC do the temp setting.

Vaillant heat exchangers do not like the excess heat produced when they are not range rated and there is nowhere for the heat to go :rolleyes:

They also need the pump over run, 'd1' set to about 8 minutes as well.

Sponsored Links
according to vaillant there is not need to range rate their boiler. If you get a controller with weather compensator then you wont need to mess about with the temperature dial - set it once and forget about it.

this is from where? as all the courses I have been on at Slough teach you how to rate them!!

and yes if a weather comp is fitted then leave the boiler C/H stat on max
but I don't think it is fitted in this instance.

according to vaillant there is not need to range rate their boiler. If you get a controller with weather compensator then you wont need to mess about with the temperature dial - set it once and forget about it.

this is from where? as all the courses I have been on at Slough teach you how to rate them!!

and yes if a weather comp is fitted then leave the boiler C/H stat on max
but I don't think it is fitted in this instance.

here you go http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/...08)-ecotec-937-installation-and-servicing.pdf

Page 35 - 5.11

Quote -
5.11 Setting the output of the central heating
(range rating)
The appliance is fully modulating for central heating and
it is therefore not necessary to range rate the appli-
ance. However if desired it is possible to range rate the
boiler as follows:
• Press the "i“ and "+“ buttons simultaneously.
• Hold the button "+“ down until "d.0“ is displayed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back