what size grp valley?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cut roof of about 35 degrees with a another the same at right angles. I want to fit a GRP valley. Can anyone please advise the width of valley I should fit. Thanks

Sponsored Links
no valley boards required for grp valley.just run a strip of felt down the valley,wider than the grp.lay grp up valley and run tile battens either side of grp.you must run battens either side of grp to support it...

I have a cut roof of about 35 degrees with a another the same at right angles. I want to fit a GRP valley. Can anyone please advise the width of valley I should fit. Thanks

i recommend using valley boards for a grp valley.

make the boards wide enough so that they protrude past the edge of the grp by say 3". this then provides a 'catcher' to which some of the tile batten ends can be fixed.

otherwise some lathes will be 'floating' and this can be a nuisance if there is a knot in the lathe and you end up putting your foot through the felt/membrane.

the valley boards should sit between the rafters and flush with the rafter top.

Thanks for your answers. Are the actual valleys all the same width or does it vary with roof angles please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. How is the valley sealed at the top? Is it just by the ridge tile being cemented upto the tiles on the main roof?

At the top of the valley you would normally dress in a lead saddle,which is a piece of say code 4 lead 18" x 12" dressed over the valley/valleys
then bed your ridge on top.
Hope this helps
Dave

Thanks Leadman. Perhaps I'll get a professional in for that bit!

If you can drop in the grp then you could easily be able to fit a saddle... easy!!!

Oh. :confused: Is there a website anywhere showing one? I've trawled the web but can't find anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back