what size guttering do i need???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,ive been doing my house up which we recently bought,,,the guttering on the front of the property is 100mm and has two downcomer pipes at either end,,,months ago I noticed that one of the drains which takes one of the downcomer pipes is not a drain atall,,,all the water from this downcomer is going straight into the ground and not into a drain,,,i dug it out one day after noticing that one corner of the cellar was always damp and soon realised that there was no drain there,,,anyway what I plan to do is to put some larger guttering on and take it all to one downcomer,,,the one which feeds into a proper drain,,,what I wanted to know is what size guttering do I need,,,ive measured it up best I can here goes,,,distance from gutter to ridge is 5 mtrs,,,distance from ridge to attick floor is 2.7 mtrs,,,width of house from the side is 8 mtrs,,,width of house from the front is 16 mtrs,,,the pitch is 32 degrees,,,can anyone please tell what size guttering will do,,,would 150mm do the job I wonder,,,the only other thing I could do is put a new drain and pipe into the main drain but that will be big bucks,,,cheers......

Sponsored Links
on that hunters calculator is the width half the width of the house from the side??? like say my house is 8 metres wide from the side would the measurement they want be half of that or is the width the distance from gutter to ridge???

Look at Approved Document H of the Building Regulations. It will say what you need for your effective roof area in one of the tables.

Hunters want the width of the roof area being drained.

Sponsored Links
on that hunters calculator is the width half the width of the house from the side??? like say my house is 8 metres wide from the side would the measurement they want be half of that ?
Yes, 4 metres

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back