What size pressure vessel valve? RESOLVED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i want to replace the valve on the pressure vessel as i think its leaking, rather than the whole vessel and kit that i could probably get for the same price as just the valve off ebay but which may be rubbish and harder to fit.. . The store has the Caleffi 3 bar valve though in 1/2 or 3/4 inch size but i have no idea which i need as all the pipes are different. The web pics are identical. Any idea from the pic? Or what i need to measure?

Edit sorry about photo don't worry is installed right way up!
Cheers! :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just realized impossible to see if bottom thread is male or female without undoing...

Thanks Dan, ur the man. Was correct part. Just done today.

A bit concerned may be a leak on restart as had to keep topping up while the ground floor rad loop cleared. Now pressure's a bit high at 2 :eek:

Would my boiler have an air release valve? Suprima 50. Just wondering if that's how it clears the air noise on new water.

Btw, I confirmed the pressure valve with the bag on the pipe trick. Sent the wife out on the flat roof

:LOL:

... whoaaaaa, just went and checked and since writing this / eating dinner had rocked up to 2.75 so had to just vent a bit; back down to 1.75 now :eek:

(3 stories). Cheers for the assistance again Dan, hopefully that's it and no more leaks, after 3 way (actuator then valve), pump replacement, pump valves, pressure vessel pressure check, and now pressure release valve.

Must have saved myself a bit in the process doing all this :LOL:

...or you may be about to change your expansion vessel ;)

No I don't think so, its got good pressure and no water leakage.. goes upstairs to check pressure isn't up again...

Up 0.2 bar - @ 1.9. Reckon that's ok. Wouldn't normally have the heating on this much - just running a test.

:p

hmm pressure still increasing. F'it, turning the thermostat back down, will see what the level is tomorrow morning when coldish :rolleyes:

I pumped the pressure vessel up to 1.5 (1.75 to allow for some air to escape when I removed the pump). Is this too high, should I drop it down to 0.75-1.0?

With the heating off system pressure dropped right down from 2.2 to 0.3. Filled it up to 1.0 and let some air out the shraeder valve...

If its at zero tomorrow morning I'll be sooooo gutted I might actually consider hiring someone to take a look at it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Rest assured, that will NEVER happen.

Cheers!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back