What size shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Could somebody help me? I currently have a 9.5kw electric shower but the pressure is rubbish! Can I go for a higher kw or does it not work like that? I have an oil heated system and the shower is in a loft conversion about 15m away from the hot water tank?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
electric showers are mains fed, not tank (usually) have you cleaned its pipes / shower head.

mind you it may be internaly scaled up :cry:

I have had it for about 8 years and have replaced the head/pipe a couple of times. Maybe it's just time for a new one?

Sponsored Links
If it's in a loft conversion then I suspect you may have a long 15mm pipe with plenty of elbows in it which will slow the flow a lot. One option would be to run a new pipe. If you use flexible plastic pipe off a coil you can avoid most elbows and joints that slow the flow.

You might think about going to a pumped system from your storage tanks and cylinder. However you seem to be a long way from that too.

I'm wondering, if you insist on shower with good flow, if it would be worth putting a smallish tank and cylinder in the conversion so that you can store and heat the water without being affected by usage in any other part of the house. With a cylinder, you heat the water in advance of your shower, so you can deliver it a lot faster that it gets heated.

who said its tank fed? the op said its electric and near the hw tank, he never said it was tank fed and @ 9.5kw i doubt its tank fed, if it is thats the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back