What specifications are important when buying DG???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m just in the process of inviting double glazing providers round to my 82 year old Mum’s house in South Yorkshire and am preparing a spreadsheet to help Mum compare like for like quotes.
Not being a builder/joiner/window supplier, I’ve no doubt my spreadsheet’s lacking pertinent info’ which I’m hoping that the knowledgeable in this forum can point out.
So far I’m aware of and understand the following sufficiently well :- Low E glass (Pilkington K/Planitherm; argon/xenon filled etc); toughened safety glass; 16/20mm cavity; warm edge spacers; WER; FENSA/CERTASS/VEKA; Warranty & IBG.
I’ve had a look through various posts on the forum and seen brief solitary references to 3 and 5 chambers (I assume this is some kind of frame fabrication), and mention of Kommerling products, but nothing much else. What I can’t seem to find are details that can be compared against one another when considering frame profiles, ventilation, hinges, locks/other security measures etc. Any pointers on what I’ve missed & what products/suppliers to consider & compare would be greatly appreciated (especially by Mum!).
Many thanks in advance.
Antony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back