Liniar Profiles - a "Premium Product"?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently mulling over a double glazing quote provided by a firm in Glasgow. Their sales pitch was that in the marketplace there's 3 categories:

1: Cheap budget windows at the bottom end
2: OK ones fitted by local guys in the middle
3. The "premium" products provided by Anglian and Everest at the top end.

The guy is claiming their supplied systems are somewhere between middle and top and so will have a bit of a price premium - not as much as Anglian or Everest though, but be up there with the likes of them in terms of quality. But through a bit of research I know that they use Liniar A rated profiles, and Vista Therm glass (by Carey Glass from Ireland). From what I can tell, these seem to be pretty much middle-of-the-road products with very little between them and other suppliers.

Has anyone in the DG business got any thoughts on whether these actually are positioned as higher-end products in the marketplace (personal views and experience of the ACTUAL quality or fit aside) compared to the likes of Rehau or Veka paired with any other industry standard glass?

Any info much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Indeed, but regardless of whether its deserved or not, that is how Anglian and Everest have positioned themselves in the market - no? They are expensive because they feel they can be, and so take their place at the top end.

Hence my question - is there any truth in the claim that the Liniar and Carey Glass products are considered higher end within the trade - a justification that would carry a price premium both for supplying to the trade and then passed to the home owner?

In other words - I'm being promised a posh product for not-so-posh money, but still more expensive that another local company that use allegedly "lesser" products (Rehau). Is there any truth to this, or is it just sales' guff?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back