70mm Veka profile or Residence 9 or Evolution Storm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking at replacing our existing upvc double glazed windows with new high quality window profiles, glass and hardware.

The reason being is that we live next to a very busy road and our double glazed windows at the moment are not up to the job as it is so so noisy.

So I am looking for what would be the best spec I have been looking at the 70mm Veka fully sculptured profile, with 6mm argos gas filled and 8.8m Pilkington OptiPhon.

I have also been looking at Evolution Storm 82mm profile and Residence 9 93mm profile, they look great and are timber alternative windows and would fit the style of our house perfectly but would the larger profile provide better thermal performance and better noise reduction.

Finally around the cavity when the existing windows have been taken out should I specify cavity closers to reduce noise and improve thermal performance, as at the moment if a window is taken out then you can see right into the cavity.

Hope someone can help with expert advice

Sponsored Links
We have fitted a few residence 9 and they are a lovely window and look great on the right house and you can have them triple glazed

image.jpg1_zpsipzqbzfs.jpg
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back