What temperature on boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone give me some advice on what I should have my radiator and water temeperature set at on my boiler to ensure everything works to it's best maintenance?

Plz see pic as this is what its set to at moment.

Also noticed boiler pressure at the higest when heating is on it onlt goes to about 1.5 bar and when heating is off goes to about 1.1 bar. Is this normal?
Thanks all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20210117-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20210117-WA0000.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
Temperatures are a matter of preference. Yes your expansion is normal.

You've not said what boiler you have, but generally speaking you should set the radiator temperature as low as you can get away with whilst still keeping the house warm.

HW if you have a tank should not be under a certian amount else it does not kill bacteria in HW cylinder.

CH as said should be as low as possible so your return flow temp is under 50c to aid condensing. I have mine set to 65c which works fine and much quieter too but may try lower, my HW tank is 60c though.

Sponsored Links
It is a vokera combi boiler, best to set the HW to max and then you can control the temp at the tap, the faster you run it the cooler, the slower you run it the hotter , as for the rads , whatever you are comfortable with, no two houses are the same

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It is a vokera combi boiler, best to set the HW to max and then you can control the temp at the tap, the faster you run it the cooler, the slower you run it the hotter , as for the rads , whatever you are comfortable with, no two houses are the same
Full marks for boiler recognition :ROFLMAO: I guess you see a lot more of them than I do. Reckon I've seen less than 10 Vokeras in the 15 years I've been doing this...

Hi all, can anyone give me some advice on what I should have my radiator and water temeperature set at on my boiler to ensure everything works to it's best maintenance?

Aim to have it set for central heating, to less than 60C - for best condensing efficiency, but basically it's what ever works depending on the outdoor weather.

Hot water set to what ever temperature you need if it's a combi, if a cylinder the the boiler needs to be set around 5C higher than the stat on the cylinder.

Also noticed boiler pressure at the higest when heating is on it onlt goes to about 1.5 bar and when heating is off goes to about 1.1 bar. Is this normal?
Thanks all in advance.

Water expands when it is heated, so hot, the pressure will rise - all perfectly normal.

Full marks for boiler recognition :ROFLMAO: I guess you see a lot more of them than I do. Reckon I've seen less than 10 Vokeras in the 15 years I've been doing this...
well I am a Vokera agent and they send me pics of their boilers every now and again :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back