What thermostat and how to wire to Baxi duo-tec combi 28 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. I bought my first house and it has the Baxi duo-tec combi 28 HE boiler installed. At the moment it only has the standard mechanical clock for on/ off heating times. I can live with this, but it doesnt have a thermostat which I would like to have.

I've tried looking on the net but have no idea which one to use. Can I buy any thermostat and make it work, or do I need to get quite a specific one? Also, is it easy to wire up i.e just to connector blocks inside the unit? Looking in the manual it looks easy, I'm just not sure which wire would go to what!

On a side note, does anyone know what would be the most economical setting for the boiler i.e is it better to have it at say 70deg for a short period or 50deg for a longer time?

Cheers for any advice/ info.

Sponsored Links
you can get a BAXI branded wireless room thermostat (the clock and thermostat are in one unit). Plugs in the circular hole bottom right of boiler (behind the pull down flap). Four cables to plug in behind unit. No other cabling required.

Arguably the Honeywell kit is better quality, but you would be advised to get a sparkie in for that.

DH

Dont use the baxi wireless one as they have proved to be very unreliable any make of roomstat will do the wired honeywell DT 90 is a good one at around 20 quid

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replys. Honeywell one looks very good, so I'll get one of those if I get a chance tommorow. Undoubtedly I will be back on here asking how to wire it! Luckily there is a clear path for cables from where the boiler is to where I want to mount it so atleast that wont be an issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back