what to do with the hole behind an electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am going to install an electric shower onto a wall that i am going to tile as well . the electrics and piping is going to go in to the shower from the rear, do u have to completely fill in the hole where they come out of the wall , and if so are there any proper ways to do this . thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello again Neil222. What sort of wall are we talking about? i.e. plasterboarded stud wall or solid block and plaster?

What I do is to cut a short length of wooden batten, about 50mm longer than the hole is wide, insert it in the hole (drill a small hole in the centre of the batten and thread a piece of string/wire through it to help position it) and hold it so the ends of the batten are behind the good wall. A couple of 3/4" screws later, the batten is fixed over the hole and you can screw a new piece of plasterboard, oir even plywood, to it to fill most of the gap. A bit of polyfilla later and you've a nice new surface to tile over. Works for me! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back