What to use behind fridge to keep it away from the wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a bit of an odd question...

I recently got an LG Side by Side fridge freezer and for the first time I've bought a f/f which doesn't have spacers at the back. It also has no brakes for the casters or feet which lower down to keep it in place.

I need to leave 50mm minimum at the back to allow for ventilation, but I'm not sure what to use to ensure this much space is left. I've got a piece of timber for the time being but the back of the f/f is all metal and I don't want any rot or corrosion to occur so I want to swap that out asap.

Any ideas? My brightest so far is a couple of walking stick ferrules glued to the wall.. but I'd be happy to hear any better ideas. I'm concerned mainly that the correct space is maintained and that the material will not react with the back of the fridge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess that would work, but it would probably damage the back of the fridge. Spoke to lg and they said put a rubber mat under the fridge and it won't move. I won't believe it until I see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back