What to use on this

So do I just screw the front flat panels on to the timber that I was going to use as the frame?

I am using these panels. They will be attached vertically.

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/timber...reated-Timber-L-3000-x-W-100-x-T-47mm-9275870

Can you link me to an image of what cap I need? Just so I get an idea of what it is... I know what the cap for the frame posts look like but not the panels.

In order to get a cap on would I need to make the panels smaller than the height of the frame?... I was planning non making the front panels the same height as the frame to sit flush

Thanks

Sponsored Links
4x2 seem's a bit overkill to me and will make a very heavy gate it will probably pull itself to pieces with the weight,you need to re design the gate think about a z back style made from floor boards say 6"x1" t and g ,for the front, with a bit thicker timbers for the braces and ledges on the back this will be a much easier and cheaper project to achieve, light enough to be swung on 3 scotch "T" hinges .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back