How to get this job done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I am fixing my timber gate post to our brick wall on the side of our house for an 8 foot wide, 5 foot high gate.

My house is on the curve of our street, meaning that the house is not in line with the driveway. As I look at the house and driveway, the house goes off to the right the further down the driveway I go. Please see picture below.

As I am fixing the timber post to the side of the house, the post will be at an angle. The other post is being cemented in so no issue there.

What can anyone advise I do as so I can bring this gate post on the side of the house, level, or should I say straight... I don't want my gate off at an angle.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Ah great thanks ... Does this mean the hinge will counteract the fact that the gate post is at an angle? I assume the gate post that I will cement in should be straight.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So does everyone think that the gate can be anchored directly to the wall (so it will be at an angle compared to the gate post) and the hinges will ensure that the gate is straight?

Using crook and band hinges there won't be a problem with the gate alignment.....but thats some weight of gate!
Consider 3 hinges, and maybe a jockey wheel if thats acceptable.
John :)

Using crook and band hinges there won't be a problem with the gate alignment.....but thats some weight of gate!
Consider 3 hinges, and maybe a jockey wheel if thats acceptable.
John :)

Thanks john.

Did you mean hook and band?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back