Hook and band - which ones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My driveway gate (split in to 2 x 4 foot wide gates - 5 foot high) are quite heavy.

I am going to get 2 x hook and band hinges for each gate.

Should I get FLAT or CRANKED hook and band hinges? What is best?

My post width is 150mm and my gate is about 80mm wide. I want the gate to sit in alignment with the front of the post (as I look at the front of the gate) but would want to connect the hinge to the face of the post at the back of the gate, connecting to the supporting z frame. Would this be where CRANKED is most suitable?

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Cranked hinges put gate flush with the post ,Straight hinges will put the gate proud of the gate posts by the thickness of the back plate on the pin unless you let in the back plate.

Cranked hinges put gate flush with the post ,Straight hinges will put the gate proud of the gate posts by the thickness of the back plate on the pin unless you let in the back plate.

Thanks for your reply

Is it best to connect the hinge to the front of the fence panels or to the z support at the back? I think the only way I can get the fence flush with the front face of the gate post is to connect the hinge to the front face of the post also?

Thanks,

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back