What to use to mount TV to wall?

8 Feb 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I want to attach a 32" TV to a wall using a mount that can be twisted away from the wall to change the angle of the TV. However, the walls are plasterboard over thermolite bricks. What's the best way of doing this?
Sponsored Links
This question answered litterally dozens of times over. Use search. You'll find all the options and answers have already been fully and comprehensively covered. :D
I can't find anything recent using thermolite bricks. We're concerned that the weight of the TV may cause the bricks to crumble.
Sponsored Links
These fixings actually work very well,have a look at their site.


XXX read their interesting info re tellys

personally I would (neatly) remove the section of plasterboard behind the bracket,then screw the bracket direct to brick or blocks what ever is behind there.

good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local