Happy Boxing Day!

Could anybody identify this tool?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231226_161323.jpg
    IMG_20231226_161323.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Looks to me like a vice or press screw with a light-load quick action handle, and also a slower heavy load handle with ratchet.

Give us a close up of the screw thread to see if it is square section. Acme is not so old.

I think it’s some sort of ratcheting extractor tool.....heavy duty wheel hub / bearing / half shaft puller maybe.
John

I think it’s some sort of ratcheting extractor tool.....heavy duty wheel hub / bearing / half shaft puller maybe.
John
I'd go similar to this, but wonder if there is another part missing.

It's like the winder, forcing part of a press, but without something to react against

Sponsored Links
Is a tool or is it just the winding part of a vice? Looks lik like it has a standard handle and then a quick release ratchet handle

John

I agree, the cranking handle part is able to thread it's way all the way along that larger thread. Both the large and small adaptors look as if they can be swapped out for other sizes.

Yes it looks like a variant of a Churchill 18G 574B BMC cone compressor . I still have one here somewhere.
I did make one but rod must have been a bit soft and the 1/2nf thread stripped under full compression of the cone and frightened the life out of me so picked up the official tool

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back