What TRV head to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One TRV head is damaged, the radiator is in dinning room, and existing head 1661766551877.pngis controllable from PC, phone and tablet, and uses a hub, but seem to be only sold as pairs, and to be frank, it does not link with any wall thermostat, never used the IFTTT for geofencing, but do want to be able to alter without getting to the radiator. No TRV's link to Nest Gen 3, so it will be stand alone.

I have used eQ-3 in other rooms, bluetooth linked, but price seems to have jumped from £15 to £34 the non blue tooth are still cheap at £15 but really did want remote control. Terrier i30 at £18 seem OK but again no remote control.

TCP smart look interesting, already have zigbee, so seems a cheap option. But all stores seem to have no stock.

Tuya also seem to do a cheap zigbee head, however each time I select 1, the price seems to double, so again the advert seems OK but when I try to buy, not so easy.

Drayton Wiser seem good at £43 until you read yet another hub required, and hunts for hubs only seems to come up with wall thermostats.

Any info on smart TRV heads please, only want to work it from home, but would prefer to be able to use both mine and wife's phone the eQ-3 is linked to one phone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back