What type of boiler is this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am not sure what kind of boiler is this ? Will it come under Gas or Electric boiler. Attached is the photo.

All I know is that property is gas central heated and There is a water tank in loft that is being used by boiler.

2ljnsee.jpg

pressure gauge is showing low pressure and I do not know how to re-pressurize this boiler. Most of the references on internet are for combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
That is not a boiler but a hot water cylinder.
Why do you think you need to increase the pressure?
What isn't working?

This is a standard indirect hot water cylinder. You have a sealed system "Y" plan heating.
You also have a thermostat control port for hot water, part of heating system.
You also missing a motorised head that control heating and hot water.

What gas boiler have you got?

To repressure heating system, can you see a flexible braid hose near the red vessel? This is the one that fill the heating. Turn black knob on to fill up to correct pressure about 1 bar.

Daniel.

Motorised head is missing too and the pipework is leaking, are you buying this?
oh I see stardanny has mentioned the head already :oops:

Sponsored Links
The red expansion vessel is almost certainly connected to the heating and boiler, making the tank in the loft obsolete, so assume the OP means a storage tank for the cylinder.

On second glance it looks a bit bodged it may be the valve head has been removed a thermostatic valve fitted to the hot water and a manual lever valve to control the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back