Boiler and hot water tank pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully my photos are attached. My boiler pressure is always low (see boiler photo), despite having my boiler serviced recently. There's also a pressure gauge above my Megaflo hot water tank. I've been told by different people that they are the same reading in two different places, or that one relates to boiler and the other the hot water tank. But both are low! Any clarity would be appreciated, both in terms of the facts re two gauges, likely causes, and whether there's something I can do myself or it needs a plumber / heating engineer. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Your photos aren't attached, but I can see them on your media page. Both gauges relate to central heating pressure. You can top it up by turning the black lever at the end of the flexible hose

Thank you. Confusing that something related to heating is right by the hot water tank, so I assumed related to that. When I've done that before (Black lever) I usually end up with overflow water out of a pipe outside by the front door, even if I only top it up to the bottom of the ideal range. Then it always seems to get low again.

185023-c21a6b945ec57c3f410b3f3286ab09e5.jpg
185022-c6fd37acd278900dd88a1499ffeed72a.jpg

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you have a leak somewhere, if the pressure keeps dropping.

Either on the wet central heating somewhere or from a valve that is inside the boiler. Ideally you would have a trustworthy and experienced engineer that can come in a review the system and advise the best way to correct the issue. I'd also recommend he service the system and boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back