What type of oil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I can find out online somewhere what type of oil I should put in my car? Failing that, what's the best way of finding out what type I should use?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
just type in your car make and oil to use...into google search box

Sponsored Links
Another good way is to look in the maker's handbook.

Another good way is to look in the maker's handbook.

Can't do that unfortunately - the idiot dealers that sold me my car stuck the handbook in for the previous version of the car, so the handbook doesn't apply to my car - by the time i realised the dealer had gone bust... :rolleyes: so couldn't get it sorted out and Ford wouldn't give me the proper handbook, they'd only 'sell' me one. Obviously the handbook states the oil type, but not sure if this will be the same for my version, as it was for the previous version - think my Fiesta was the first to have the duratec engine in so not sure if the oil type will have changed?

Sorry John, I was looking for an online resource to find the oil, not for someone on here to give me the answer - didn't think anyone on here would know off the top of their head, unless they happened to have the same car.
I wasn't intentionally keeping it from you - its a 1.3 Petrol Ford Fiesta Finesse with '52 plates (Nov 2002) on it. If you know, that'd be great!

I used that, they tend to direct you to 5w-40, but if you look carefully at the alternatives, for UK weather conditions you can use a less expensive one (it says mine can use 15W-40 or even 20W-50 which takes me back a bit)

Sponsored Links
Back